Beach Dances 2019
June 18 – 23, 2019, Free admission
Meet Me at Reed
Saturdays: June 15 to July 27, 2019, Free admission
Jazz on the Lawn
Jazz on the Lawn presents free jazz and world music Sundays in August
City of Santa Monica’s Open Streets Event. Sunday, September 15, 2019. 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Art in the Parks
Free Outdoor Performances to Look Forward to This Summer
City of Santa Monica Calendar
Santa Monica Cultural Affairs presents annual programs in local parks and cultural facilities.
Fireside at the Miles
Fireside is a season of music, dance, storytelling and variety arts; cozy performances in front of an open fire at Santa Monica’s historic Miles Memorial Playhouse.
The ArtWalk is a fun-filled day of artistic exploration within the Santa Monica Airport creative campus. All are invited to watch art and ceramic demonstrations, participate in art and theater workshops, and enjoy live music and food trucks.
Arts Leadership Awards
Meet Me At Reed
Santa Monica Teen Film Festival
Jazz on the Lawn
Cardboard Yacht Regatta
Dia de Los Muertos
Artist Residency events
Monthly Craft Lounge at the Camera Obscura
Santa Monica Festival
The Palette is a weekly Wednesday email that highlights a handful of Santa Monica art and culture events happening that week.
Sign up for newsletter
Suggest an event
To suggest an event for listing, email [email protected] with the just the title, date & time, description, contact & ticket info, location and a JPG image with credits as necessary.
- Events must be cultural/artistic in nature and take place Thursday-Sunday in Santa Monica.
- Suggestions can be made in advance but must be received no later than Monday at 12pm to be considered for that week’s edition.
- All submissions are considered with no guarantee of inclusion. We prioritize events by City divisions and SMCA grantees, opening days of ongoing events, and accessibly-priced events.
Submit your artwork
To have your artwork featured as a banner image, email [email protected] with the title, artist name and website.
- Images should reflect Santa Monica in some way. Images of artwork in all mediums are accepted.
- Images must be JPGs in landscape/horizontal format (6” wide x 2” tall or 800 px wide)
- Please send one or two images along with the above information (and photo credits/art attribution if applicable).
- There is no deadline: images are accepted year round. Selected artists will be featured for one to two weeks.
You can find more events on the Santa Monica Travel and Tourism Calendar and the Los Angeles County Event Calendar.